An Australian man has reportedly suffered brain damage after inhaled a mesh wifi system that can emit radio waves, reports the ABC.
“He was taken to hospital and then discharged,” NSW Ambulance Service spokesperson Kate Brown said.
The man, who was a resident of Sydney, had been using the system for several months.
He was initially treated at a nearby hospital and released but has since been transferred to an Australian Medical Association (AMA) emergency department, Brown said, adding he was “in a very bad way”.
Ms Brown said the incident was not believed to be an accident and the ambulance service was investigating the incident.
In a statement, the AMA said the ambulance services emergency department was not equipped to deal with mesh wifi systems and that it was working closely with NSW Ambulsions Emergency Department.
Topics:health,hc-4102,sydney-2000,nsw,arwin-0800,sydney-3000,newcastle-2300,australia,newlands-7250,vic Source: News.co.nz